Thursday 24 January 2013

The beginning...


So, I have just been given the news by my doctor that I have Coeliac Disease. Coeliac Disease? That sounds rather scary so I think I will refer to myself as "being a Coeliac" from now on rather than having a disease. Yes, that sounds much better.

I am a little new to "blogging" so please bear with me but since being diagnosed I wanted to put down a few of my thoughts about my "Coeliac journey" and what it's like turning gluten-free. I also hope this will be a place where fellow Coeliacs can share tips and recipes, find out about what gluten-free products supermarkets have to offer and recommend great restaurants that cater well for Coeliacs all over the UK (but particularly in Staffordshire where I'm based).

It was a big shock when my consultant told me I was a Coeliac and I have many questions going around my head but I am already looking forward to feeling better, eating much healthier and starting my gluten-free diet. Bring it on!

Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment