Monday 31 March 2014

Edward Moon, Famous English Brasserie, Stratford-upon-Avon

I had a great weekend away in Stratford-upon-Avon a few weeks ago (apologies for the rather late blog about it). This was a weekend of visiting the sights of Shakespeare country, taking in the culture, and of course eating great gluten-free food.

Having done my research beforehand I had located a few potential places to eat out. So after a busy day of sightseeing on the Saturday we stopped off at Edward Moon - Famous English Brasseries. The brasserie is situated on Chapel Street and is just a 5 minute walk away from The Royal Shakespeare Theatre.

Coeliac-friendly options on the menu are all marked with a (c). I would estimate that about 75% of their menu is gluten-free.


My tasty chicken dinner, complete with chips, yes proper chips!

My chicken was cooked to perfection, very succulent and full of flavour, the chips on the side were a very welcome bonus and the side salad was crisp and complimented the chicken very well. I would definitely recommend Edward Moon to anyone, but especially Coeliacs. As Coeliacs we sometimes find there isn't always a big choice on a menu but this isn't the case here - you can pretty much have whatever you want from the menu. There is also gluten-free bread if you ask.

All in all an excellent gluten-free meal out, in very classy surroundings. I would love to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment