Thursday 20 June 2013

Coeliac friendly at the Crooklands Hotel, Kendal, Lake District

If you are looking for a Coeliac friendly hotel in the Lake District look no further than the Crooklands Hotel in Kendal. 

We stumbled upon this hotel by accident actually. We stayed here  a couple of weeks ago just for a weekend break in the Lakes and I was really surprised to find out that they offered gluten-free bread as part of their continental breakfast. We hadn't opted for breakfast when we booked as I just didn't think it was worth paying an extra £15 or so each for breakfast when it was highly likely that I couldn't eat most things they offered (or so I thought). However, when we first checked in the receptionist having asked if we had ordered breakfast for the  following morning and I confirmed no she then told us that we could add breakfast on to our bill if we wanted to. Obviously I enquired first as to whether they had any gluten-free breakfast options, not really expecting her to say yes but she confirmed they had gluten-free bread on site! Sadly, they had run out of gluten-free sausages otherwise I could have even had a full English.


Anyway, I was able to eat breakfast in this hotel which was a lovely surprise as I just hadn't expected it. I  had gluten-free bread rolls and fresh fruit plus all the Twinings infusions I could drink. It would have been nice if they had had a couple of gluten-free sausages but I enjoyed my breakfast all the same and was just chuffed that I didn't have to check out on an empty stomach.

To check out reviews of the Crooklands Hotel on Trip Advisor click here

No comments:

Post a Comment