Thursday 26 September 2013

Toaster bags



Hoorah! I have managed to find these nifty little toaster bags in my local Poundland shop again as they've been out of stock for a while now. I'd previously been using the grill whenever I wanted toast but it just doesn't taste the same. You really can't beat toast freshly popped out the toaster!

I love these toaster bags because it means I can have yummy gluten free toast without having to buy a completely new toaster and then having the added stress of finding somewhere to put two toasters in our kitchen, not to mention the expense of buying a brand new toaster. The bags help to avoid cross-contamination with bread crumbs from a 'normal' toaster. It's important that Coeliacs don't use a toaster that has previously been used to toast normal bread because even a tiny crumb from the bottom of the toaster could make us ill. It doesn't matter how clean the toaster is you just never know where those evil gluten breadcrumbs could be hiding. It's really not worth the risk and that's why I was so happy when I discovered toaster bags.

The bags are reusable if you just wash them out after use with hot soapy water and the pack says you can use them up to 100 times, however when I have bought them in the past they have never lasted more than I'd say 20 or 30 uses before snagging or burning. Still, at the bargain price of £1 for a pack of 2 you can't really go wrong.

If you fancy being a bit more adventurous you can even make toasted sandwiches using the bags - just make up your sandwich as normal, pop it into a toaster bag to toast in the toaster and you have yourself a toasted sandwich - genius!


No comments:

Post a Comment