Friday 31 January 2014

The Pepper Mill, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent

I've visited The Pepper Mill in Longton a few times these past couple of months and every time I've visited I've had a great gluten-free meal with no nasty after-effects.

I was recommended to go here by a friend I used to work with as she had noticed when she went for a meal there that on the menu it advertised they offer Genius bread as an alternative to normal bread with their sandwich options.

I then visited their website and discovered their whole Main Menu Allergy List. This is basically a condensed version of their main menu highlighting all the dishes that do not contain wheat or gluten. There are starters, sides, mains and desserts to choose from. Even better, the chips are marked gluten-free!

The Pepper Mill serves mainly pub food but they also have a tasty carvery served daily. So far I've tried the chicken tikka masala, chicken melt and the carvery (twice). All four meals I could not fault.

Not only do they offer Genius bread sandwiches for Coeliacs but if you ask the staff they will provide gluten-free gravy with their carvery. It's awesome that I can now go out and have a carvery just like everybody else (avoiding the yorkshire puddings, stuffing and normal gravy of course).

What I like about The Pepper Mill is that their staff seem pretty knowledgeable about the gluten-free diet, they are very accommodating and willing to help and there is an impressive choice of dishes to choose from, not just one or two. It's great to find somewhere like this where I don't feel restricted or left out and where I am treated the same as everybody else.

I can see myself visiting here time and time again not only because the location is handy for a lot of my friends and family but also because The Pepper Mill offers great gluten-free pub food in a lively atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment