Monday 27 January 2014

Udi's Gluten-Free cinnamon and raisin bagels

Confession time: Udi's Gluten-Free cinnamon and raisin bagels are my new found love!

These glorious delights are currently £1 in Tesco, reduced from £2.20, which I think for a pack of 4 is a bargain!



I'd been meaning to try the Udi's range out for a while (after hearing about them on Twitter) but struggled to find them in my local Tesco Metro (smaller version of a normal Tesco store)  and was constantly frustrated by their lack of stock. But, one day there they were, and I snapped them up.

I've never really been in to bagels of the sweet or savoury kind before but I gave these a go. I toasted mine for breakfast and I must say they were absolutely amazing! I'm so glad the company have brought them over here from America.



I was so impressed by these bagels for a number of reasons:

1. They smell so sweet as you take them out of the bag, the cinnamon aroma is lovely especially as it wafts round the kitchen whilst they are toasting.

2. They remind me a bit of a doughnut texture, lovely and smooth on the outside with a soft and chewy inside.

3. I've mainly always had bread in its savoury form, but thanks to these bagels I am well and truly converted to sweeter tasting bread.

4. You can freeze these bagels and the bread still holds it's shape and tastes fresh once defrosted (definitely stock your freezer up).

5. What I love about these bagels is they actually taste even better than the "normal" gluten containing bagels I've tried in the past, which I think is a rare find in gluten-free foods.

6. They are also thicker than a lot of normal bagels I've seen in the shops.

7. They have just the right amount of raisins to compliment the cinnamon flavouring.

8. They are so moreish!

9. I love to find new things to try for breakfast and I am happy to say I am definitely a bagel convert now. My boring breakfasts are no more.

Apparently there are 19 different Udi's products available in Tesco and I would love to give some of the other products a try - sadly my local Tesco store does not stock the whole range but I'm hoping that one day they will.

You can find out more about Udi's Gluten-Free and their fab products on their website:- www.udisglutenfree.co.uk/

Thanks for bringing them to the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment